Weddings in Trinity College Chapel


Weddings in the College Chapel take place at the discretion of the Dean of Chapel and require the obtaining of a Special Licence from the Archbishop of Canterbury.  In the first instance one of the College Clergy will need to discuss with you your reasons for wanting a Church of England service in Trinity Chapel, so as to determine whether it is possible and appropriate for you to apply for a Special Licence. 

Initial enquiries should be made to the Chapel Secretary, Anthea Smith: telephone 01223 338476 or email

Please note that permission to be married in Chapel is granted separately from permission to use other facilities of the College such as catering or room hire.  The College is not licenced for the registration of weddings or civil partnerships in buildings other than the Chapel.


Wedding with choir (c) Alex Beckett Photography

Wedding with choir (c) Alex Beckett Photography

All wedding photographs © Alex Beckett Photography